Saturday, August 3, 2013

CHOCOLATE BISCUIT CAKE


Juno with the Chocolate Biscuit Cake - it's a real slab

I have become a chocolate cake fiend. I used to HATE chocolate cake but clearly I was eating the wrong ones. Lately, I can't get enough of good choccie cake and I had a craving for Chocolate Biscuit Cake this week (why!?). I haven't eaten it since my mother used to make it when I was a kid.


I've never used condensed milk in a recipe before - it is amazing, gloopy sweet stuff, I have discovered. Anyway, I adapted this recipe and came up with this cake: a rich, no-bake delight.



 INGREDIENTS

300g dark chocolate, broken up
100g butter/marg, diced
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
397g tin condensed milk
250g digestive biscuits, broken into quarters

METHOD

- Line a 2 lb loaf tin with cling film
- Melt the choc and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and mix in the cocoa powder and salt, then pour in the condensed milk, stirring well to combine.
- Add the broken biscuits and stir
- Pour the chocolate biscuit mixture into the lined loaf tin, pressing it down with a spatula.
- Put in the fridge for about 3 hours, or overnight, until set.

Juno made these Monsters Inc buns for her and her cousin Lyra (special pack from Aldi):





1 comment:

Group 8 said...

Thanks, Laurence, sure. I will email you.