Monday, September 9, 2013

Gourmandize Interview

I was Blogger of the Day on Gourmandize on Saturday but, sadly, I was away and couldn't blog about it. They interviewed me though. A taster:

Are there any chefs that you admire in particular?

I love Nigella because she loves food.
In real life, Dennis Cotter, who runs the very excellent Café Paradiso in Cork, a gourmet vegetarian restaurant. We go there every September for my husband's birthday. And look forward to it all year. Veggie sceptics are blown away by Dennis's food.

We see that you're an accomplished writer, does writing a food blog as well help keep your pen in shape or is it more of a way of relaxing?

It's totally separate. Writing novels and short stories is the day job; baking is escape and relaxation. But I'm a compulsive writer so inevitably I write about the cooking!

The rest of the interview is here. Gourmandize is a great place for all sorts of recipes; well worth a browse.

No comments: