Tuesday, January 12, 2016

APPLE SAUCE

I have been baking, just not blogging it - too many other things on, like a deadline for my latest novel.


One of my favourite chocolate cake recipes calls for apple sauce. I intend to make the cake on Thursday for my birthday so today I used some turning apples to make the sauce, rather than buy it. I only need half a cup so there's little point buying a jar to chuck it anon.


This makes a sweet sauce as the apples are sweet to start with.



Ingredients

  • 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped small (I used golden delicious)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 60ml water (enough to cover the bottom of the pot)

Method

  • Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover with lid.
  • Simmer apples for about 8 minutes or until soft  The smaller the pieces, the faster they soften. Stir at halfway mark to avoid sticking.
  • Remove from heat and mash or whizz in a blender for a puréed sauce.

No comments: